August Ipsy Glam Bag time
1. Urban Decay Perversion Mascara sample: I have been wanting the try this mascara. After cracking this guy open, I noticed that the stopper didn't do a very good job removing the excess mascara from the full wand, so I had to blot it (i.e. waste what little mascara came in this tube) on a tissue before applying. The application reminded me of L'Oreal Voluminous (an old and MUCH cheaper favorite).
2. Jersey Shore Sun Mongongo Anti-Aging Lip Conditioner: This product is organic and is made from nutrient-rich ingredients. The scent is very citrusy (almost furniture-polish-like) and has a mild flavor that I could do without. The formula is very slick and greasy, so it's not the most comfortable in my opinion. I guess I just prefer a lighter, waxier texture when it comes to balms.
3. StriVectin Present Perfect sample: Here's another anti-aging product. I guess I'm considered to be older when it comes to Ipsy's demographic set. Not sure how I'm supposed to be able to tell if this "wrinkle cream" is effective from such a small sample. Another thing to note is that this sample came in a box twice it's size so I initially thought that I received a deluxe sample of this product...no such luck.
4. Lord & Berry Silk Kajal Kohl Eye Pencil sample in Black: Another black eyeliner....just what I need. This formula is a traditional kajal kohl (smudge-y and Cleopatra-like). I guess it's nice for what it is but I almost never wear a formula on my eyes that is prone to smudges.
5. Coastal Scents Forever Blush sample: Like other Coastal Scents samples that I've received before, this blush duo came in a small flimsy plastic case. The shades included are a neutral rosey pink and an orangey tan. The pans are so narrow and tiny that I doubt I could get my blush brush in there to actually give these blushes a try.
As you can see from my commentary above, I'm not really to psyched with the items that I received this month in my Ipsy Glam Bag. I generally like the stuff I get from Ipsy but this month was a fail for me. Better luck in September.
Post a Comment